Owl River Environmental Services Ltd. is looking to fill a seasonal environmental field position with the possibility of permanent employment, beginning June 2019.
- Organize and complete field work as directed by the Project Manager.
- Complete field vegetation and soils assessments on Cultivated/Forested/Peatland sites in north/northeastern Alberta.
- Work a versatile schedule; camp stays will be required for remote worksites.
- Vegetation management as required on sites.
- Minimum of three years field experience within the environmental sector of the Alberta oil and gas industry.
- Desktop and field experience in completing both Forested and Peatland Detailed Site Assessments on abandoned oil and gas facilities.
- Proficient knowledge of computers, Word and Excel computer programs.
- Knowledge of northeastern Alberta Cultivated and Forested vegetation and soils (Canadian System of Soil Classification).
- Knowledge of northeastern Alberta Peatlands.
- Thorough understanding of current reclamation criteria.
- ATV/UTV/Argo operation experience.
- Vegetation management: valid herbicide applicator or assistant license.
- Experience supervising final reclamation of oil and gas facilities would be an asset.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and coordinate for the completion of field work and associated office work.
- A degree or a diploma from a recognized institution in environmental science or a related study.
- Experience with Cultivated Lands would be considered an asset.
- A positive attitude, and full commitment to your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Ability to work and organize projects both independently and as part of a team.
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Safety Certificates: First Aid, GDII, H2S, OSSA, CSTS, PCST, eGSO, WHMIS, Bear Aware, ATV/UTV.
- Plant identification skills – cultivated, forested, peatland species.
- Herbicide applicators license would be considered an asset.
This job will be based out of Lac La Biche; for out of town interviewees, accommodations can be discussed at time of interview.
Applying for the job:
Thank you to all who apply, but only preferred applicants will be contacted. Please submit a .pdf of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.